Planning a Pool Renovation: Factors To Consider
Renovating your pool is a surefire way to expand, modernize, or transform your home. Whether your pool is showing signs of age, needs repairs, or simply no longer matches your desires, the right renovation can breathe new life into your outdoor space.
Between modernizing the appearance of your pool to installing energy-efficient technology, you have many options to revitalize your pool. SPS PoolCare is here to help you navigate the process of renovating a pool with this helpful guide. Keep reading for some pool renovation ideas and tips on how to refresh your pool.
Reasons To Renovate
As time passes, your pool is bound to show signs of natural wear and tear. There are a few signs of pool damage to look out for, including standing water, algae growth, and noticeable breaks in the mastic and caulking. You also may notice a general diminishing appearance, including fading of color and cracks in the foundation.
Renovations may also be necessary due to larger issues. This could involve problems with your filtration system, necessary safety enhancements like fencing and lighting, or disrupted water circulation. You also may want to add bonus luxuries, such as a waterfall, slide, or diving board for added fun.
Establish a Budget
Before starting a pool renovation project, it’s important to set a realistic budget. You need to determine the scope of the renovation you’re planning before you begin. Are you aiming for an entire overhaul or simple upgrades? Having an estimate ahead of time allows you to understand the associated costs.
Your pool renovation cost will depend on a number of variables, including the overall size and shape of your pool. Contact your local SPS PoolCare branch to get an idea of how much your pool repair will cost.
Consider Your Pool’s Needs
You must consider your pool’s specific requirements before embarking on your renovation project. Here are a few things to think about:
- Structural integrity. Conduct a thorough examination of your pool’s structure and frame, looking for any cracks or damage.
- Equipment upgrade. Assess the state of your pool equipment to determine what is old or in need of repair. This can include your filtration system, pool monitor, water pump, and more.
- Cosmetic changes. You don’t have to wait for something to go wrong to renovate your pool. Some of the best pool renovation ideas are additions, as adding a fountain, slide, additional staircase, or other fun amenity can make your pool feel brand new.
Safety and Energy-Efficient Improvements
When renovating your pool, you should also prioritize safety and energy-efficient improvements. Maintaining a safe environment around your pool is a must, and optimizing your energy usage can save you tons of money on repairs. Here are a few ideas:
- Add fencing. Install or upgrade your pool fence to guarantee compliance with local safety regulations. A secure fence can help prevent unauthorized access and enhance the safety of your pool.
- Non-slip surfaces. Consider installing non-slip surfaces around the pool area to mitigate the risk of falls. This is particularly crucial in areas prone to high foot traffic, like in front of the stairs or near seating.
- Upgrade lighting. Swap out your old pool lighting with energy-efficient LED lights. Using LED lights allows you to be more sustainable while also making it easier to walk around at night.
- Variable-speed pumps. Upgrade to a variable-speed pump, which adjusts its speed based on water flow requirements. This conserves energy and reduces operational costs compared to single-speed pumps.
High-Quality Pool Renovations From SPS PoolCare
Dive into your dream pool renovation project with the help of SPS PoolCare. Our professional pool service technicians are trained to handle a number of pool repairs and renovations, including expansion, remodels, modernizations, and more. Whether you’re planning something big or small, we’re happy to help. After all, owning a pool should always feel like a joy!